Saturday, March 11, 2017

Easy Grilled Garlic Bread

Source:  jamiecooksitup.net

Yield: 12 pieces
1/2 C butter, softened
1/4 C mayonnaise (I use Best Foods)
1/2 t garlic salt
1 t parsley
Parmesan Cheese (the kind in the green bottle)
1 loaf french bread 
A NOTE: If you are using just plain old Granulated Garlic or Garlic Powder you will want to add about 1/8 teaspoon of salt.  

In a small bowl, combine butter, mayonnaise, garlic salt, and parsley.  Stir it all together until well combined.  
Heat up a griddle over medium heat. Cut your bread into slices about. 1/2 inches thick. 
Butter both sides of bread.  
Lay several slices on the griddle.  
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over both the top of each bread. Carefully tap it in to be sure it sticks to the buttery spread. 
When the bottoms are golden brown, flip the, over and let them get browned on the other side. 
Serve while still hot.  
 *This seems like a ton of butter to me for one loaf of bread, so I half everything if I'm making it for my family.  If I were making it for company, I'd do it as it supposed to be,   

No comments:

Post a Comment